Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lime Crime's Velvetine in Red Velvet Review

So again I have been completely neglectful of my blog. I've been having a lot of back problems lately and haven't been too on top of things. I will definitely be sitting down to figure out a better schedule to keep up on YouTube video's and blog posts by the end of this weekend.

Now on to the point of this post!!!!

Around mid-year 2012 I started hearing A LOT about a company called Lime Crime. They have the most colorful range of shadows, eyeliners, and lipsticks out on the market. I know you may be thinking that a company like MAC would hold the title but believe me check them out & you'll understand what I mean. If you like different or unique colors Lime Crime is for you. I'd describe their color range as My Little Pony turned into makeup for adults!!

No Naked/Neutral/Nude palettes!! They call their followers Unicorns. Get the picture?!

The one product that kept popping up on blogs that I follow is the Velvetine Lip Gloss. There are currently two colors, Red Velvet and Suedeberry. What makes these so different from everything else on the market? They are a MATTE lip gloss! I know right?! Matte lip gloss?!

It took me a while to pull the trigger and buy one. Plus every time I was about to, the Red Velvet (best seller) was sold out. Finally earlier this month it was back in stock and I spent 30 minutes, refreshing the website until I was able to finally purchase one.

Was it worth it?  YES!!!!!!! A thousand times Yes! This is by far my new favorite formula. It's super pigmented (they recommend two coats but you can get away with one), stays on almost all day (when I wear it I only have to reapply once), and looks absolute divine on the lips.

Check out my review on YouTube for color swatch & the best way to use this product. *They are currently sold out of both colors. Lime Crime expects them to return in March along with new colors so sit tight!*
www.limecrimemakeup.com


Sorry about the awful thumbnail, for some reason it won't update on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment