Friday, October 21, 2011

Fit Yummy Mummy

I have started a new fitness regimen!  I am very excited about this because as an extremely busy mother of two, I have very little time for myself let alone exercising.  However, I feel that it is important to my physical as well as mental health to get back on the fitness "wagon."  I want to make clear that by "wagon" I am not in any way condoning fad dieting or extreme/fad exercise routines.

I found Fit Yummy Mummy on Facebook after I noticed a friend "liked" her page.  It was created by Holly Rigsby who is also a C.P.T.  Even better yet, she's also a mom.  Her philosophy is quite simple, eat right and exercise 90 minutes a week.  Yup that's 90 minutes a week!  She has it broken down into intervals (cardio) and strength training.  Each takes just 15 minutes a day.  You can either work out 3 days per week for a total of 30 minutes per day (which can be broken up into two sessions if needed) or 6 days per week alternating between interval training and strength training days.  I have just joined her program (which is very affordable considering other programs I've tried) and can't wait to keep you all updated on my progress.

My ultimate goal is not to loose a certain amount of weight but to get myself in the best shape I can be in for myself and my family.  Whatever my weight ends at is just fine with me.

To check this out for yourself just go to www.fityummymummy.com.  At first glance it really seems to be a gimmick but you can purchase her book and check it out on a trial basis at first.  Once I saw for myself how easy this was and that there isn't any crazy fad dieting or insanely low caloric intake, I knew I was in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment