Thursday, September 8, 2011

Vintage Vacation

I always have the biggest dilemmas when packing for vacation.  On the one hand I love vintage/retro/pinup styles but on the other hand, when on vacation, I just want to be comfortable.  This is the case with my upcoming vacation.

The last couple of months have been extremely stressful and I am very much looking forward to A LOT of R&R!!  We are staying at a beach resort in Newport Beach, CA and all I really want to wear is shorts, tanks and flip flops.  The only problem is I don't really feel like those particular clothing items lend themselves to the vintage/retro/pinup look.  Now I have never been a fashion slave, that is to say a slave to a certain "look." 

However since I have entered my thirties I have found the strength and confidence to be my "true self" no matter what others may think.  In all reality I just want to be as comfortable as possible on my vacation.  Since we have been on an EXTREME budget, the majority of my wardrobe is still more modern than vintage so really my dilemma is how am I going to style my modern clothes to look more vintage/pinup without having to pack a ton of accessories?

This may seem like a silly and/or petty delima since I am supposedly so confident in my "true self" it shouldn't matter what I wear but these are the little things my brain obsesses over when trying to pack for any trip...especially a vacation! 

So it looks like I'll just have to break out the extra large suitcase, lay out my outfits and edit from there!  To all those who obsess just like me, whether your trying not to pack every single vintage/retro/pinup piece of clothing you own or dress in more modern styles, YOUR NOT ALONE!! ;o)

Happy Vacations and stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment