What is Etsy.com?
A fabulous online website for people to post handmade and vintage items for sale. I prefer it to ebay because it's much easier to see where the items are coming from and see the quality of each item. I have also found that it has become increasingly difficult to find good deals on ebay anymore and prefer the way Etsy is setup.
So without further ado, here are some of my favorites in no particular order!
- PinkyPinups ~ Owned by Nori and Jennifer out of Orange County, Ca. They make the most adorable pinup style clothing, that I feel is very reasonable compared to some of the websites I've found. My favorite items they make are the bath towels. They come in hot pink, red or black and have the cutest details!
- LoveVanillaRose ~ Owned by a single mother from rural Maine. She makes the most adorable bathroom accessories and kitchen potholders. My favorite are her toilet seat covers. These are not your grandma's toilet seat covers! If you love a vintage look, you have to check them out. My favorite is the black with white polka dots! Also the dish soap bottle aprons are to die for!
- ashleycasey05 ~ Owned by Ashely Casey from Port Charlotte. She makes the most adorable ribbon rings with a vintage/punk attitude. So cute!
- Vintagelucy's ~ Owned by Tabatha Hasselbrink from the Mission Viejo/Orange County, Ca. Inspired by her great grandmother, she makes children's clothes, adult shirts and kitchen towels with retro designs and fabrics. My absolute favorite are her kitchen tea towels. They have vintage pictures with a whimsical twist!
- LynnsRags ~ Owned by Lynn from San Diego, Ca. She makes the most fabulous tube dresses! The bottom of her dresses are typically made from either tulle or vintage bedsheets (think Strawberry Shortcake and Star Wars kids sheets)! She also makes other dress styles and tube tops. I love the way she redesigns vintage dresses that you would normally pass up in a thrift store!
- LukaMish ~ From South Australia, Australia. She makes the most adorable pillows and tote bags from vintage inspired fabrics. Everything in her store is very reasonably priced and so cute!
- RevampProductions ~ Owned by Jennifer Perkins from Costa Mesa, Ca. She is inspired by classic cars for her purse designs and let me tell you they are to die for!! I really can't pin point a favorite design. Each purse is handmade so you will pay a bit more than some other retro purses out there, but I think if you find one you really love go for it! She even has a "Join the Club" option where you can register your purse and you can have it fixed or refurbished if needed. I think that makes her purses well worth the investment!