Thursday, September 27, 2012

Celebrating 10 Years....

My hubby and I just had our 10 Year Wedding Anniversary on the 7th! Sometimes I still can't believe we've been married that long or that I'm old enough to have been married 10 years!!

To celebrate we hosted our own Old Hollywood themed anniversary party.  It was such a fun night to celebrate with so many friends and family who have been with us along the way and even a few we picked up more recently.

We had our party at a local restaurant in one of the harbors in Santa Cruz.  They allowed us to use their dock unattached to the restaurant.  We went crazy and rented a red carpet for everyone to walk down as they arrived.  We even hired a photographer to be the "paparazzi" to take pictures of everyone walking down the red carpet! 

Our friends parents were so awesome.  They made up an "Oscar" speech and included a lot of our friends, who they named famous celebs from the 40's and 50's.  Then they announced the Oscar for Best Couple...

Us!

It was so cute and fun and really made the whole night complete.  

My hubby was so awesome going along with all my shenanigans!! He loves that I'm so into vintage/retro/pinup stuff, but he still pretty much dresses like he did when we met....in 1999. Haha still wearing his Dickie's, band t-shirts, and chucks.  I wouldn't have him any other way!

Here's a couple of pics I got from the night.  I haven't gotten all the pics from our photographer yet, once I do I'll try to post a few.


Receiving our "Oscar"

Thank you speech

My bestie & I!! I love her more than words could ever describe. 
 I loved her dress, it was a 50's prom dress she borrowed!

Our awesome friends!

One final pic before the sun went down! Can't wait to see all the official pics from the photographer :)


No comments:

Post a Comment